Draft CoC Abridged
A shortened version of Draft CoC.
Discrimination (same as the original)
Protospace does not promote or discriminate against any person, population group, or organization with regard to categories protected by applicable Canadian law. These include, but are not limited to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability and conviction for an offence for which a pardon has been granted or in respect of which a record suspension has been ordered.
Harassment (same as the original)
Harassment is prohibited and will not be tolerated. Any person who feels they have been the victim of harassment should ask the harasser to cease the behavior if they feel safe doing so. Members or guests asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
Harassment includes the following, without limitation:
- Offensive comments related to race, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, or physical appearance.
- Gratuitous sexual or obscene images or behavior in spaces where not appropriate.
- Unwelcome physical contact or sexual attention without consent or after a request to stop.
- Threats or incitement of violence towards any individual, including encouraging a person to engage in self-harm.
- Deliberate intimidation by words, gestures, body language, or menacing behavior.
- Harassing photography or recording, including logging online activity for harassment purposes.
- Continued one-on-one contact or communication after requests to cease.
- Deliberate “outing” of a sensitive aspect of a person’s identity without their consent.
- Deliberate misgendering. This includes deadnaming or persistently using a pronoun that does not correctly reflect a person’s gender identity.
It's our responsibility to make Protospace a welcoming community for everyone and foster making:
- Be kind. Don't be snarky. Have curious conversation. Please don't fulminate.
- Comments should get more thoughtful and substantive as a topic gets more divisive.
- When disagreeing, please address the argument instead of calling names. "That is idiotic; 1 + 1 is 2, not 3" can be shortened to "1 + 1 is 2, not 3."
- Please respond to the strongest plausible interpretation of what someone says, not a weaker one that's easier to criticize. Assume good faith.
- Please don't post shallow dismissals, especially of other people's work. A good critical comment teaches us something.
This Code of Conduct applies within Protospace, on Protospace's online forum, and in public spaces when an individual is representing Protospace. Examples include events Protospace is attending like Makerfaire and Protospace social media accounts.
Instances of abusive or harassing behavior may be reported to the directors at firstname.lastname@example.org. All complaints will be reviewed and will result in a response that is deemed necessary and appropriate to the circumstances. This may amount to a warning, deleting a comment, being treated as a complaint as per our Complaint Resolution policy, or being treated as a non-egregious or egregious act as per our Termination policy.