Vacuum cart ID:134
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Original owner||Janet M|
|Loan status||Semi-permanent loan|
|Arrival date||Before 2014-10-29|
|Location||Laser cutter area|
|Usage permissions||Open to Members|
- Uses vacuum pump to create powerful vacuum, slowly.
- Stores vacuum, optionally, in two 14" diameter storage tanks, takes several minutes to charge.
- Cart contains vacuum degassing chamber, to remove bubbles from fast setting epoxies
- Ball valves allow vacuum to be dumped from the storage tanks into the degassing chamber instantly.
- Has small vacuformer (6 inch x 8 inch)
- Plans for full size vacuum bed with infra-red bulb-based plastic heater above.
- Mates with 8' vacuum cannon accessory too.
- Doesn't like to run without resistance.
- There should be a minimum 5:1 ratio of liquid you are degassing to chamber size (the amount you're degassing is no more than 1/5 the size of the chamber).
- Try to avoid degassing anything that will boil under vacuum at 20 degrees Celsius (this includes water) as it will contaminate the oil in the vacuum pump. This is because we are not running a cold trap like a fancy laboratory.
- Other than that its pretty much mechanically self explanatory, the two large tanks are there so you can pre vac them out and use them to pull the chamber down quickly if you have a fast setting resin.