Bench grinder (Baldor) ID:38
(Redirected from 38)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Arrival date||Pre 2013|
|Usage permissions||Open to Members & Friends|
- A bench grinder is for grinding steels or deburring steel or aluminum (if fitted with a wire wheel).
- Wheel size ??
- 120V, 3.1A
- 3600 RPM
- Use the guard
- Use eye protection at all times
- Grinding is loud, ear protection is suggested, hearing damage may result
- First contact is often surprisingly strong, grip extra tight
- Grinding metal gets hot, pause to let it cool or douse it in water
- DO NOT wear gloves, they are a tangling hazard and will result in worse injuries
- Angle metal downward or it can kick out at you
- Do not load motor down so that it slows, exert less pressure and grind slower if an audible speed difference is heard in RPM