Pinball machine (Williams Road Kings) ID:129
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The pinball machine, showing its location to the left of the large laser cutter. The laser cutter's honeycombs and a laser-cut skull are visible in the background.
|Make/Model||Williams Road Kings|
|Loan status||Long-term loan|
|Arrival date||2012 or earlier|
|Location||Next to the large laser cutter|
|Functional status||Working with a few things broken as of 2019-01-27|
|Usage permissions||Open to All|
Manual is available as a PDF online and on paper inside the machine.
- Diagnose fuse blowing problem
- Likely culprit: bad solenoid on jet bumper (already disassembled - discoloured)
- Replace left flipper solenoid
- This is the cause of the left flipper sticking on the down-stroke, and the repeated blowing of at least one fuse.
- Order new solenoid
- Replace all rubber bumpers
- Order new bumpers
- Realign flippers
- They keep getting out of alignment no matter how much they are tightened. Maybe threadlocker would help?
- Descale copper contacts
- Better current flow = better power from flippers
- Ian did one in Feb 2016.
- Consider replacing with a different type of switches
- [Optional] Replace lights with LED equivalents/rewire motherboard to work with LEDs
- Rutger wants to do this pretty much immediately (as of Feb 2016).
- Frollard is not so optimistic, because the existing matrix depends on the incandescent bulbs' resistance, making LED replacement complicated and likely not at all power-saving.
- Resolder top front speaker wires
- Only internal speaker works; top disconnected
- Find replacement coin rejector
- Player 2 quarter slot rejector missing
- Redo exterior paint job; replace decals on side
- Vinyl decal?
- Image original artwork
- Vectorize artwork
- Sand down to wood
- Prime and seal
- Reapply artwork