Protospace has a board of directors. This is a requirement of being incorporated under the Alberta Companies Act. The directors are elected annually, at Protospace's annual general meeting. In the eyes of the law, the directors are responsible for everything Protospace does, but, within Protospace's organizational structure, they are responsible for a lot less.
- Managing the bank account
- Paying bills
- Performing reimbursements (currently)
- Dealing with the landlord
- Dealing with the governments
- Making case-by-case decisions on small things that affect only one member at a time, such as eligibility for vacation status
- Accessing the security video recordings when necessary
Things members may think are the directors' responsibilities, but actually can and should be done by other members
- Making decisions that set policy or otherwise affect multiple members
- Taking payments
- Maintaining equipment
Contacting the directors
You can contact the directors by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your message is not confidential, you can also email email@example.com, which goes to the directors and a few other members who have volunteered to answer questions and help members there.
- Andrea Friedrich
- Eric Coyle
- Scott Young
- Jason Nickel
- Mike Morrow
|2013 AGM–||2014 AGM–||2014 EGM (Oct. 18)–||2015 AGM–||2016 AGM–||2017 AGM–||2018 AGM–||2019 AGM–|
|Janet Mader||•||until Dec. 1|
We have a sign that is posted in the space that lists the current directors and contact email addresses (as listed above). It should be updated and re-printed when the directors change. It can be found here. It can be edited by anyone who has write access to the Protospace Google Drive.