Calgary Mini Maker Faire 2016
Protospace is attending Calgary Mini Maker Faire 2016 (August 20–21), which will be held at Telus Spark, the same location as the previous two years. We will have a large Protospace booth, and some members will have their own booths.
How to Help
- Show up and help run the booth. First, sign up by posting in this thread or sending a private message to Kat—you won't get an exhibitor pass otherwise. Second, add your name to the schedule below (or, if you lack a wiki account and can't create one for some reason, or the table markup is too poorly organized to find where you want to put your name, tell Ian in person).
- Bring or send your projects. First, tell us what you're bringing/sending in this same thread. Second, add them to the table below (or, again, tell Ian in person).
- Help other members with last-minute work on their projects.
- Tell your friends and family they should come to the Faire.
|Hour||Thursday August 18th||Friday August 19th||Saturday August 20th||Sunday August 21st|
11 AM–4 PM: Early drop-off
4:30–8 PM: Load-in & setup
7–9 AM: Late setup
10 AM–5 PM: Showtime
|7–8 AM||closed||closed||Ian O?, Steve T?||closed|
|8–9 AM||Ian O?, Steve T?|
|9–10 AM||Ian O?, Steve T?|
|10–11 AM||Ian O, Kat C, Steve T||Ian O, Kat C, Steve T|
|11 AM–noon||Ian O, Steve T||Ian O, Kat C, Steve T||Ian O, Kat C, Steve T|
|noon–1 PM||Ian O, Steve T||Ian O, Kat C, Steve T||Ian O, Kat C, Steve T|
|1–2 PM||Ian O, Steve T||Ian O, Kat C||Ian O, Kat C|
|2–3 PM||Ian O, Steve T||Ian O, Kat C, Steve T||Ian O, Kat C, Steve T|
|3–4 PM||Ian O, Steve T||Ian O, Kat C, Steve T||Ian O, Kat C, Steve T|
|4–4:30 PM||closed||Ian O, Kat C, Steve T||Ian O, Kat C, Steve T|
|4:30–5 PM||Ian O, Steve T|
|5–6 PM||Ian O, Steve T||closed||Ian O, Steve T|
|6–7 PM||Ian O, Steve T||Ian O, Steve T|
|7–8 PM||Ian O, Steve T||closed|
People who refuse to pick specific times but intend to help when they feel like it:
- Matt F
Preparation To-Do List
- Print brochures
- Create new walkthrough video
- Create training list
- Create new "Protospace Member" or whatever cards for members with their own booths.
- Create mailing list/signup list/newsletter list to remind people we exist open house days. Electronic would be best.
- Finish writing this to-do list
Booth Equipment Checklist
- Business cards
- Power cords
- Power bars
- Monitor(s) + Raspberry Pi/other computer to show videos
- Signup laptop
- Tormach samples
- Laser cutter samples
- 3D printer samples
- Operational 3D printer
- "Tool Tower"?
- Something big that actually says "Protospace" on it, maybe 3 or 4 of those things.
- Some tall stand thing to hang signs on maybe.
Please update this table as information changes.
In the submission status column, an empty checkbox does not necessarily mean that the maker has not submitted that form, only that they haven't updated the table or reported submitting the form to someone else who can update the table.
This table is sortable—click the arrows in the header row to sort.
|Project||Maker||Going?||Project status||Location if not PS booth||Notes|
(Contact: Byron H or Kat C)
|Protospace overview video||Steve T||Yes||Done (last year's) / In progress?|
|Protospace VR||Steve T||Probably||In progress?|
|Augmented reality sandbox||Ian O, Kat C, Steve T||Yes||In progress|
|Large format camera||Steve T||Probably?||Unknown|
|Chromatize||Ian O||Yes||In progress. Will hopefully have a good display ready.|
|3D printed rocket project||Ian O||Probably||Done for now|
|Allstrap outfit with LEDs||Kat C||Yes||Outfit done or mostly done. LEDs need to be designed and added.||Kat's body (mobile exhibit)|
|Giant crossbow||Scott Y||Yes||Done||Outside, especially if it is going to be fired|
|Electric trike thing||Chris B||Yes||Done except the electric parts||Outside?||Chris will not be there, so someone else needs to keep an eye on it and tell people about it|
|Wimshurst machine||Matt F||Maybe||Needs frame, spheres, capacitors, etc.|
|Electric bike||Matt F||Probably||Done|
|CD destroyer||Matt F||Reluctant||Semi-functional|
|Oil & vinegar bottle crates||Matt F||Maybe||Done|
|HAL 8900||Byron H||Probably?||Done|
|Squiggle generator and laser projector||Danny P||Maybe?||Done|
|Stirling engine||Danny P||Maybe?||In progress|
|Can crusher||Danny P||Yes||Done|
|Wooden dummy||Stephen W||Yes||Done|
|Tesla turbine||Mike M||Probably||Done?|