Bending brake, 30" (Powerfist)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Type||30" Benchtop Metal Bending Brake|
|Make/Model||Powerfist SKU 8008201|
|Original owner||Matt F|
|Loan status||Short Term Loan|
|Usage permissions||Ask owner before use.|
|Label||1.0" 1.5" 2.0"|
- 30" brake
- Handles up to 17g steel (about 1/16"). Will handle more but requires heavier clamping
- Bends up to 90 degrees
- Clamp or bolt brake to worktable
- Flatten brake, line up workpiece sheet
- Lay bracing steel above workpiece
- Clamp bracing steel to workpiece and brake using c-clamps (two on edges minimum, extras if possible).
- Insert levers into holes
- Bend smoothly upwards
- Depending on springiness of workpiece, some overbend is necessary. Bracing steel is cut farther than 90 degrees to account for springback on 90 degree bends.
- Lower brake, check angle, disassemble clamps.
- For pieces with internal bends, use scrap steel cut to proper width. Do not cut up original bracing steel.