← Back to tools we have
||Owned by Protospace
||Open to full members
||Certification Required: lathe and mill training
- Table Size: 10" x 54"
- Longitudinal Travel (X axis): 39 1/2" (power feed available)
- Cross Travel (Y axis): 16"
- Vertical Knee Travel (Z axis): 16"
- Over Ram Travel: 18"
- T-Slot Size: 3, 5/8"
- Quill Travel: 5" (power feed available)
- 2-Axis DRO (Anilam Wizard 450) on X and Y
- Separate DRO for Z-quill (not knee)
- Tool Holders
- ER40 collet tool holder
- Collets available: 1/8" to 1" collets available (1/16" increments??)
- Typically ER40 collets can collapse to hold less than or equal to 1mm (0.026")smaller than stated size [should be confirmed]
- Jacobs style drill chuck
- Work Holding
- Kurt Milling Vice
- Dividing Head
- Rotary Table
- Milling Cutters
- Various available, however whenever possible user should bring their own
This lathe was bought by Protospace using funding approved for the purchase of new machine tools at the December 2015 members' meeting. It was picked up and brought to Protospace on 2015-12-22 along with the Challenger lathe and the new 80-gallon air compressor.