Difference between revisions of "Laser cutter, large (Rabbit Laser RL-80-1290) ID:6"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (Added "The Laser Cutter" Video.)
|Line 24:||Line 24:|
Revision as of 14:08, 22 November 2015
|Original owner||Brian Queen|
|Loan status||Semi-Permanent Loan|
|Arrival date||Before 2013|
|Usage permissions||Members & Friends Only|
|Certification||Must complete Laser Certification|
|It is imperative that you do a Chlorine Test on unknown materials before working on them with the Laser Cutter|
- 80 watt
- 4x3' CNC bed
- Front shield can be dropped to insert pieces longer than 3'
- Water cooled & Ducted
- Can cut or etch up to 1/2" thick light materials such as woods and some plastics
- Cannot cut any chlorinated synthetics (some types of plastics & rubbers)
- Complete Laser Certification to learn how to use the laser. Training is offered about once a month.
- Perform a simple Chlorine Test on unapproved materials, as cutting or etching chlorinated materials damages the optics
- See Power Levels page for notes and details on cutting and etching various materials
- Power modulation is in a restricted range in the software due to a firmware bug (Approximately 8%-30% represents 0%-100% power)
- Controller occasionally locks up after large cut jobs. E-stop immediately if job timer does not increment in first 5 seconds of job. Post to list for recovery instructions
- Consult our Laser Standard Operating Procedure
- Originally on loan for 6 months (ending Aug 2012) in exchange for Protospace performing repairs.
- Loan has been extended.
- Upgrades discussed
- Adding air cooling to optics and laser head block
- Convincing power supply to modulate power levels properly
- Seal display on controller to prevent smoke from clouding over time.