How to Join Protospace
Get a tour. Meet people. Ask Questions.
Take an Application Form, read it over, fill it in.
Sign the Application.
Sign the Release Agreement
Pay your dues (Paypal, Interac Email, Cash or Cheque).
Your trial membership starts
Trial (Probationary) Member
Use the space as a trial (probationary) member for 1 to 2 months.
- You can use the space when other members are present.
- Before using any tools, you must complete the General Safety Course.
- To get the most benefit from your trial month, visit often and read and participate in the Protospace Discussion e-mail list.
Seek two existing members as sponsors. Be approved by the membership.
Your full membership Starts
Full (Vetted) Member
As a full member,
- Request your own key card/fob for 24x7 access.
- Request a storage shelf to leave items at the space.
- Review the “First In/Last Out” (opening and locking) instructions.
- Understand the culture, etiquette and protocols around large projects, or bringing in new tools or equipment.
- Participate in administrative discussions. Help build consensus.
- Vote on issues as needed.
- Keep your dues current.
- Make stuff! Do stuff!
- Be excellent to others, and welcome the next new member!