Difference between revisions of "Calgary Mini Maker Faire 2015"
Revision as of 17:48, 20 August 2015
Protospace is attending Calgary Mini Maker Faire 2015, September 12-13. There's a room for hackerspaces, there's 20'x60' area for Protospace. Attendance is expected to be 5000+ people.
Things To Do
- New brochure design
- Brochure printing 2000+ copies
- New business cards
- New Protospace table cards
- Tour video - ???
- Laptop & screen - ???
- Have website content backfilled - ???
- Membership forms - ???
Mostly-Sure Member Projects
- Danny's upgraded Basszuka
- Danny's laser squiggle generators
- Danny's plasmacut BMX lights
- Danny's pneumatic can crusher
- Matt's CD Exploder (if working)
- Matt's Electric Recumbent Bike (regardless of state)
- Matt's Post-Apocalypse Carbine
- David B's Electric Beaver
- David B's 64x16 LED matrix gif player
- French David's Knock Box & other small stuff
- Byron's Hall 8900
- Caleb's knives
- Caleb's leatherwork
Maybe Member Projects
- Matt's Induction Furnace (if working)
- Matt's smaller Wimshurst machine
- Chris G's blinky & noisy something
- Wes may bring something
- Tim may bring espresso maker things
- David B (when not beavering aboot)
- Calvenn's Sherline lathe/mill (has own booth)
- Calvenn's First robot chassis (has own booth)
- If you will make a demo piece, says so please!
- 3d printer?
- Lasercut samplse
- Acrylic cut & engrave
- Leather cut & engrave
- Wood cut & engrave
- Glass engrave
- Tormach samples
- Turner's cube
- Han Solo Carbonite
- Vacuum former sample
How to Help
- Show up at Makerfaire, Sept 12-13 weekend.
- Help man the booth for an hour or two or all day
- Bring awesome stuff (see above)
People who are available on floating hours or unscheduled:
People who've committed to manning the booth (ideally 4+ people for all hours):
|Hour||Saturday 12-Sep||Sunday 13-Sep|
|10am||Travis, Matt, Danny||Travis, Matt, Danny|
|11am||Travis, Matt, Danny||Travis, Matt, Danny|
|12am||Travis, Matt, Danny||Travis, Matt, Danny|
|1pm||Travis, Matt, Danny||Travis, Matt, Danny|
|2pm||Travis, Matt, Danny||Travis, Matt, Danny|
|3pm||Travis, Matt, Danny||Travis, Matt, Danny|
|4pm||Travis, Matt, Danny||Travis, Matt, Danny|
|5pm||Travis, Matt, Danny||Travis, Matt, Danny|
|6pm||Travis, Matt, Danny||N/A|
Booth Check-out Check-in
- Business cards
- Power cords (Exact number)
- Power bars (Exact number)
- Monitor & Cables
- Laptop & Cables
- Tormach samples
- Laser samples
- ... Make sure everything PS-owned that is supposed to leave the building gets added to this list, and checked back in when it's returned home.