| This page is archived as its information is no longer current.|
Last update: in September 2014.
Current information on this subject can be found at Protospace's show participation.
Protospace is attending Calgary Mini Maker Faire 2014, September 6-7. There's a room for hackerspaces, there's 20'x60' area for Protospace. Attendance is expected to be 5000+ people.
Things To Do
New brochure design- Matt & Byron completed. Link here (adblock must be off): https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=26d5e73b65ee2e0a&id=26D5E73B65EE2E0A!1583&Bsrc=Share&Bpub=SDX.SkyDrive&sc=Photos&authkey=!AvpGJzTVwYMI8Yg
- Brochure printing 2000+ copies - Byron printed 700 so far, Dave G has offered to pay for 500 and pick up any more Protospace orders.
New business cards- Matt & Hayley ordered 1500, will bring SaturdayVistaprint are useless and they'll arrive Monday instead.
New Protospace table cards- Byron completed & printed 30x.
- Tour video - ???
- Laptop & screen - ???
- Have website content backfilled - ???
- Membership forms - ???
- Danny's Laserpoinies
- Danny's Basszuka
- Danny's Squiggle generator
- Travis's Tank
- Byron's Ghostphone
- Byron's game
- Jim & Shannon C's jetpack
- Matt's Chainmaille
- Matt's Induction Furnce
- Matt's Magnetic Tumbler
- Matt's Oscilloscope video
- Electronics & Welding signs
- Mike Morrow's DIY Spot Welder
- Tormach samples
- Laser Samples (???)
- Hayley's chainmaille Mario inlay
- Dave B's lasercut Calgary coasters & map
- Devin's superbright LED light
Stuff We Could Bring (Step up if you'll arrange for it)
- Shannon's 3d printer
- Jim's back-lit Protospace sign from the back door.
- Kevin's magnetohydrodynamic drive
- Jim's circuitboard mill
How to Help
- Show up at Makerfaire, Sept 6-7 weekend.
- Help man the booth for an hour or two or all day
- Bring awesome stuff (see above)
People who are available on floating hours or unscheduled: Matt (anytime), Dave Bernier (2 hours Sunday sometime)
People who've committed to manning the booth (ideally 4+ people for all hours):
|Hour||Saturday 06-Sep||Sunday 07-Sep|
|10am||Travis, Byron, Danny, Devin||Travis, Byron, Danny, Devin|
|11am||Travis, Byron, Danny, Devin||Travis, Byron, Danny, David Bernier, Devin|
|12am||Travis, Byron, Danny, Devin||Travis, Byron, Danny, David Bernier, Devin|
|1pm||Travis, Byron, Danny, Devin||Travis, Byron, Danny, Devin|
|2pm||Travis, Byron, Danny, Devin||Travis, Byron, Danny, Devin|
|3pm||Travis, Byron, Danny, Devin||Travis, Byron, Danny, Devin|
|4pm||Travis, Byron, Danny, Devin||Travis, Byron, Danny, Devin|
|5pm||Travis, Byron, Danny, Devin||Travis, Byron, Danny, Devin|
|6pm||Travis, Byron, Danny, Devin||N/A|
Booth Check-out Check-in
- Business cards
- Power cords (Exact number)
- Power bars (Exact number)
- Monitor & Cables
- Laptop & Cables
- Spot welder
- Tormach samples
- Laser samples
- ... Make sure everything PS-owned that is supposed to leave the building gets added to this list, and checked back in when it's returned home.