SAIT ITTS SECN
| This page is archived as its information is no longer current.|
Last update: in January 2012.
Current information on this subject can be found at nowhere.
- Standard Toaster
- 4 SAIT ITTS Students
To develop a mobile, solar powered network for emergency response and event coordination.
Working on the progress Bengizmo made last year for his OpenBTS project at SAIT last year, Protospace is the industry sponsor (acting as research consultants) for a kickass wifi project this year
Due Date: May 2012
Progress thus far
- Pictogram mock-up of project
- Students have been awarded $4300 to pay for the material (except solar panels)
- 10 Mesh potatoes have been ordered
- BoM is made, must be modified
- Sketch of Chassis has been created
Update: Jan 18 2012
- Mesh Potatoes have been received
- Flashing of Mesh Potatoes has commenced
- 4 Ubiquiti Nanostations were replaced with 3 Ubiquiti Rocket M 2.4GHz Radios and 3 Ubiquiti Base Station Antennas Allowing us full 360 degree coverage
- The new Ubiquiti products have been ordered
- Recalculate solar power requirements once we have total power specs from equipment