From Protospace Wiki
| This page is archived as its information is no longer current.|
Last update: in December 2013.
Current information on this subject can be found at nowhere.
- Standard Toaster
To set up an open source GSM base station at the space.
I have in my possession 2 USRPs from Ettus Research for use with the OpenBTS software package.
Progress thus far
- OpenBTS 2.6 was installed and tested last year at SAIT
- USRPs are at the space.
- Bengizmo has allocated a netbook for use with OpenBTS
- Configure both USRPs with 52MHz TCXO clocks (might have to bug Eugene for this)
- Install and configure OpenBTS 2.8
- create a semi-permanent installation of OpenBTS at the space
- Find a SIP/IAX provider to route calls through VoIP
- Buy Range Networks OpenBTS development kit
- set up more base stations in Calgary
--Bengizmo 01:54, 27 December 2011 (MST)