Pinball machine (Williams Road Kings) ID:129
From Protospace Wiki
(Redirected from Pinball machine (Williams Road Kings))
- Type: Pinball machine
- Make/Model: Williams Road Kings
- Serial Number: ??
- Original Owner: Frollard
- Loan Status: Long-term loan
- Arrival Date: 2012 or earlier
- Location: Next to the large laser cutter
- Functional Status: Working with a few things broken as of 2019-01-27
- Usage Permissions: Open to All
- Certification: Self-taught
- Wiki ID: 129
Manual is available as a PDF online and on paper inside the machine.
- Diagnose fuse blowing problem
- Likely culprit: bad solenoid on jet bumper (already disassembled - discoloured)
- Replace left flipper solenoid
- This is the cause of the left flipper sticking on the down-stroke, and the repeated blowing of at least one fuse.
- Order new solenoid
- Replace all rubber bumpers
- Order new bumpers
- Realign flippers
- They keep getting out of alignment no matter how much they are tightened. Maybe threadlocker would help?
- Descale copper contacts
- Better current flow = better power from flippers
- Ian did one in Feb 2016.
- Consider replacing with a different type of switches
- [Optional] Replace lights with LED equivalents/rewire motherboard to work with LEDs
- Rutger wants to do this pretty much immediately (as of Feb 2016).
- Frollard is not so optimistic, because the existing matrix depends on the incandescent bulbs' resistance, making LED replacement complicated and likely not at all power-saving.
- Resolder top front speaker wires
- Only internal speaker works; top disconnected
- Find replacement coin rejector
- Player 2 quarter slot rejector missing
- Redo exterior paint job; replace decals on side
- Vinyl decal?
- Image original artwork
- Vectorize artwork
- Sand down to wood
- Prime and seal
- Reapply artwork