Pinball machine (Williams Road Kings) ID:129
(Redirected from Pinball machine (Road Kings))Jump to navigation Jump to search
The pinball machine, showing its location to the left of the large laser cutter. The laser cutter's honeycombs and a laser-cut skull are visible in the background.
|Make/Model||Williams Road Kings|
|Loan status||Long-term loan|
|Arrival date||2012 or earlier|
|Location||Next to the large laser cutter|
|Functional status||Working with a few things broken as of 2019-01-27|
|Usage permissions||Open to All|
Manual is available as a PDF online and on paper inside the machine.
- Diagnose fuse blowing problem
- Likely culprit: bad solenoid on jet bumper (already disassembled - discoloured)
- Replace left flipper solenoid
- This is the cause of the left flipper sticking on the down-stroke, and the repeated blowing of at least one fuse.
- Order new solenoid
- Replace all rubber bumpers
- Order new bumpers
- Realign flippers
- They keep getting out of alignment no matter how much they are tightened. Maybe threadlocker would help?
- Descale copper contacts
- Better current flow = better power from flippers
- Ian did one in Feb 2016.
- Consider replacing with a different type of switches
- [Optional] Replace lights with LED equivalents/rewire motherboard to work with LEDs
- Rutger wants to do this pretty much immediately (as of Feb 2016).
- Frollard is not so optimistic, because the existing matrix depends on the incandescent bulbs' resistance, making LED replacement complicated and likely not at all power-saving.
- Resolder top front speaker wires
- Only internal speaker works; top disconnected
- Find replacement coin rejector
- Player 2 quarter slot rejector missing
- Redo exterior paint job; replace decals on side
- Vinyl decal?
- Image original artwork
- Vectorize artwork
- Sand down to wood
- Prime and seal
- Reapply artwork