Milling machine (ACRA AM4V) ID:48
- Name: Milling machine
- Make/Model: ACRA AM4V
- Serial Number: ??
- Original Owner: Protospace
- Loan Status: Owned by Protospace
- Arrival Date: 2015-12-22
- Location: Metal shop
- Functional Status: Running
- Usage Permissions: Open to full members
- Certification: Certification Required: lathe and mill training
- Wiki ID: 48
- Table Size: 10" x 54"
- Longitudinal Travel (X axis): 39 1/2" (power feed available)
- Cross Travel (Y axis): 16"
- Vertical Knee Travel (Z axis): 16"
- Over Ram Travel: 18"
- T-Slot Size: 3, 5/8"
- Quill Travel: 5" (power feed available)
- 2-Axis DRO (Anilam Wizard 450) on X and Y
- Separate DRO for Z-quill (not knee)
- Tool Holders
- ER40 collet tool holder
- Collets available: 1/8" to 1" collets available (1/16" increments??)
- Typically ER40 collets can collapse to hold less than or equal to 1mm (0.026")smaller than stated size [should be confirmed]
- Jacobs style drill chuck
- Work Holding
- Kurt Milling Vice
- Dividing Head
- Rotary Table
- Milling Cutters
- Various available, however whenever possible user should bring their own
- Acra Mill Info
- Features: http://www.acramachinery.com/Manual_Machines/AM4.htm
- Specs: http://www.acramachinery.com/Manual_Machines/AM4specs.htm
- DRO (Digital Read Out) - ANILAM Wizard 450
- This tool has a Digital Readout. See the user manual for detailed instructions on how to use the advanced features.
- Link to DRO User Manual: http://www.acu-rite.com/pdf/anilam/ANILAM_Wizard_DRO_Support/Wiz450DRO_4.pdf
This lathe was bought by Protospace using funding approved for the purchase of new machine tools at the December 2015 members' meeting. It was picked up and brought to Protospace on 2015-12-22 along with the Challenger lathe and the new 80-gallon air compressor.