Maker Faire Sign (large project)
Member name: Matt F
Member contact: Email, found via list.
Project name & pitch: Makerfaire Sign. 14' x 2.5' metal sign for Makerfaire 2013. Used every year at Makerfaire, stored up on chain over the metal shop the rest of the year.
Storage location: Vertically stored during construction, next to bay whiteboard.
Project start date: 31 Aug, 2013
Final Deadline: 26 Sept, 2013
- 31 Aug, 2013 - Project documentation started. Sheet metal is mounted to wood. Eyebolts and carabiners purchased. Waiting on chain & design.
- 07 Sept, 2013 - Paint stripped.
- 11 Sept, 2013 - Chain picked up. Ready for cutting and mounting.
- 20 Sept, 2013 - Plasma cut sign, added red backing, drilled & mounted eye bolts, took to Makerfaire, mounted chain on ceiling, waiting on ladder/help to lift.
- 27 Sept, 2013 - Deadline failed. Plan for hauling it up, just needs more people to help.
- 09 Sept, 2013 - Tried again to mount, shut down due to safety issues again. Devised safer lifting plan.
- 24 Oct, 2013 - Two more shutdowns due to safety issues, but, sign is up.
PROJECT COMPLETED (until next year).