How Any Member Can Help Someone Join
Before they sign up
Be welcoming. Be friendly. Show off your projects. Give a tour. Answer questions.
What we do at the space is super interesting to guests.
Everyone giving a tour must include the following basic safety info:
- Emergency exits, front and back (and leaving from upstairs),
- That emergency info is posted on each door,
- The location of the safety gear cupboard,
- The location of fire extinguishers,
- The location of the first aid kit(s),
- The location of the eye wash station,
- The location of the muster point, outside.
Offer them a Membership Application and explain the process.
Answer any remaining questions. They can now sign the application.
Give them a Release Agreement form. The member who gave the tour must also sign off on basic safety info.
Show them how to set up a Paypal subscription.
Any member can also accept cash or cheque payments:
- Get the cash box
- Write out a receipt
- Log it in the blue book
- Return the blue book, receipt book, new payment, and cash box.
During their trial month
Check in with them during their trial month. Introduce them to others. Be excellent to them.
Consider being one of their sponsors. (Getting sponsors is often intimidating to the new member. Proactively offering is welcoming.)