Hot-wire foam cutter, handheld, 4.5"×5.5" (Woodland Scenics) ID:117
From Protospace Wiki
- Name: Handheld hot-wire foam cutter
- Make/Model: Woodland Scenics HOTWRFMCUTR
- Serial Number: ??
- Original Owner: ??
- Loan Status: Donation to Protospace
- Arrival Date: ??
- Location: Under the stairs in Bay 108, all the way back in the corner on the first shelf from the floor
- Functional Status: Works, though the wire is currently broken
- Usage Permissions: Open to all
- Certification: None
- Wiki ID: 117
- Wire: Nichrome
- 9 V AC, supplied by attached 120 V A adapter
- Cut depth: 4.5"
- Cut throat: 5.5" (officially 6", but measured as 5.5")
Operation & safety
|Be careful! The hot wire is under tension while cutting. If it overheats, it could break and throw molten nichrome at you.|
Plug it in. It heats up. Pass it through foam to cut.