Bench grinder (Baldor) ID:38
From Protospace Wiki
- Name: Bench Grinder
- Make/Model: Baldor
- Serial Number: ??
- Original Owner: ??
- Loan Status: ??
- Arrival Date: Pre 2013
- Location: Metalworking Shop
- Functional Status: Working
- Usage Permissions: Open to Members & Friends
- Certification: Demo/Read Notes
- Wiki ID: 38
- A bench grinder is for grinding steels or deburring steel or aluminum (if fitted with a wire wheel).
- Wheel size ??
- 120V, 3.1A
- 3600 RPM
- Use the guard
- Use eye protection at all times
- Grinding is loud, ear protection is suggested, hearing damage may result
- First contact is often surprisingly strong, grip extra tight
- Grinding metal gets hot, pause to let it cool or douse it in water
- DO NOT wear gloves, they are a tangling hazard and will result in worse injuries
- Angle metal downward or it can kick out at you
- Do not load motor down so that it slows, exert less pressure and grind slower if an audible speed difference is heard in RPM