Air compressor, 80-gallon (Ingersoll Rand T30)
|This article is about a tool that is no longer at Protospace. It was removed by Kyle Paavola on/in 2015-12-02 because ended membership.|
|Replacement tool(s): air compressor, 60-gallon (Campbell Hausfeld) and air compressor, 80-gallon (MAXair Premium)|
This compressor is an industrial grade machine to be treated with some degree of respect. This 5HP compressor is electrically driven by 208V single phase available through the same pigtail that powers the TIG welder.
This compressor is capable of substantially higher pressure than most air tools can tolerate, which is why its discharge pressure is regulated to 100 psi. Do not adjust this regulator without consulting with Kyle. Doing so may damage your equipment or hurt you seriously.
Use and Maintenance
verbatim from the sticker right on the compressor but just in case you have not read it:
CAUTION: TURN OFF POWER BEFORE SERVICING
- Drain any condensate from ceceiver and traps
- Check for any unusual noise or vibration
- Check for proper oil level
- Clean air filter
- Clean all external parts of compressor and driver
- Test relief valve manually for proper operation
- Inspect entire air system for leaks
- Inspect oil for contamination and change if necessary
- Check belt tension and wear
Every 3 months:
- Change oil using an approved lubricant
- Inspect valve assemblies
for more information, check the operator's manual at: http://manualarchive.ingersollrandproducts.com/ir_pdfs/Compressed%20Air/Air%20Compressors/Reciprocating%20Compressor/22607402.PDF
ONLY Ingersoll-Rand All season oil is currently approved for use in this compressor. You must check for the presence of oil in the compressor pan before operating this machine.