Hot-wire foam cutter, tabletop, 14"×12" ID:118
From Protospace Wiki
(Redirected from 118)
- Name: Tabletop hot-wire foam cutter
- Make/Model: Matt F single-arm
- Serial Number: 2
- Original Owner: Matt F
- Loan Status: Donation to Protospace
- Arrival Date: June 2012
- Location: Under the stairs in Bay 108, all the way back in the corner on the first shelf from the floor
- Functional Status: Works
- Usage Permissions: Open to all
- Certification: None
- Wiki ID: 118
- Wire: Stainless steel, 20–24 AWG
- Power: Car battery charger or computer power supply works well.
- 12 V
- 10 A
- Cut depth: ~14"
- Cut throat: ~12"
Operation & safety
|Be careful! The hot wire is under tension. If it overheats, it could break and throw molten steel at you.|
Plug it in. It heats up. Pass foam through it to cut.
If the wire breaks, contact Matt F for replacement.
Built by Matt F for Scoperta. Some info in this thread.